Sylmar Vision Center is pleased to offer a wide range of optometric services, eye care products including eyeglasses, specialty eyewear, frames, and contact lenses. Our staff is happy to help however we can.
From your first contact with us to your appointment and your follow-up, we aim to make your eye care experience great. This is what drives us to provide you with the best care year after year!
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Rene Stevens
Dr. Stevens grew up in Queens, NY. He received degrees in Animal Physiology and Neuroscience and Psychology from UC San Diego. He graduated from Southern California College of Optometry and has been practicing optometry since 1999. His passion lies with helping patients to see better, to feel better, and to improve their quality of life. He practices full-scope optometry from emergency red eyes and specialty contact lens fitting to LASIK comanagement and monitoring ocular disease. In English, Spanish, or German, Dr. Stevens is always ready to answer your questions patiently and with a smile.
On weekends, he can be found riding rollercoasters with his son or at his daughter’s softball games. In his spare time, he plays guitar, banjo, and mandolin.
Dr. Ani Ter-Nshanian
Dr. Ani Ter-Nshanian received her Bachelor’s in Biology with Magna Cum Laude from CSUN in 2013. She then received her Doctorate of Optometry degree with honors from Western University of Health Sciences in 2018. She has always enjoyed the field of medical care, her optometric training helped strengthen her passion for quality patient care. She prides herself on her ability to empathize with patients and address their visual needs on a personal basis with emphasis on patient education. In her free time, Ani enjoys spending time with family and friends. She enjoys cooking, baking, hiking, traveling and trying new restaurants.
Dr. Leonard Forbes
- Graduated from UCLA with a B.A. in Zoology.
- Graduated from The Los Angeles College of Optometry with a B.S. in Visual Science and a Doctorate of Optometry. Was one of the first optometrists in California to receive therapeutic certification for the treatment of eye infections and eye disease. Joined with Alcon Pharmaceuticals in the final testing for the allergy wonder drug, Patanol.
- Has specialized in contact lens fitting. Was among the first three California optometrists to fit soft lenses in 1971. Has done contact lens research for numerous laboratories.
- Was among the original group of optometrists to be certified as an Optometric Associate in Laser Refractive Surgery from UCLA and Summit Technologies.
- Is a member of Flying Samaritans. These are pilots who fly small airplanes to remote areas to provide vision care, free glasses and other medical necessities to tiny villages in Baja and Mexico. Has flown over 750 hours in various Cessna single engine airplanes.
- Created Doctor’s Computer Service and other computer companies designed to aid in Computer Ergonomics.
- Has maintained a private practice in Santa Clarita since 1986 and in Sylmar since 1970.
- Interests include computers, woodworking, golf and traveling.